题 目：Innovation and Practice of Precision Farming in USA
报告人：Prof. Fedro S. Zazueta, Secretary General of CIGR
题 目：Precision Agriculture in Poland
报告人：Prof. Tadeusz Juliszewski, Past President of CIGR (2015-2016)
Fedro S. Zazueta教授简介：
Honorary President, CIGR, President, iAABE, Emeritus Professor, University of Florida.
Fedro S. Zazueta obtained a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from the Tecnologico de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico, in 1974. He worked at the University of Sonora in the Civil Eng. Department as an instructor in the area of Fluid Mechanics and organized the 1st National Seminar on Drip Irrigation. In 1975 he became an instructor of Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Transport Phenomena and Drip Irrigation Design in the Division of Engineering at ITESM. During this time he developed innovative algorithms for computer aided design of drip irrigation systems. He enrolled in the M.S. program in the ITESM Graduate School of Agriculture and completed his degree in 1977. During this time he also worked as a private consulting design engineer in fluids, hydraulics and computer control engineering. Thereafter, he enrolled in the graduate program at Colorado State University where he obtained a Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering in 1982.
After obtaining the Ph.D., Zazueta joined the Agricultural Engineering Department of the University of Florida (UF) as a water management visiting assistant professor, where he remained for 35 years. Immediately after his arrival to UF, Zazueta developed a research, teaching and extension program that focused on the use of computers and agriculture, and specifically water management. Notable accomplishments include: 1) The creation and management of a self supported IFAS Software Support Office, 2) organization of a conference that became what is today the World Conference on Computers in Agriculture, 3) design and delivery of graduate courses in agricultural software engineering, 4) over 50 pieces of software widely used by the irrigation industry worldwide (during the 80’s and 90’s) 5) over 500 publications, 6) a research program that involved innovative uses of computers in water management.
Throughout his career, Zazueta was involved with professional societies, not only the existing well established societies of his profession of ASABE and CIGR, but was also was instrumental in promoting and founding societies such as the International Federation of IT in Agriculture (INFITA) and the Latin American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ALIA). He has received numerous recognitions for his work as a pioneer of IT in agriculture from many professional societies and government agencies. He is currently in high demand as a keynote speaker at international meetings in topics related to a future vision of IT in agriculture and education.
Throughout his career, Zazueta was asked to lead an IT strategic planning efforts including several universities and government agencies. He provided leadership for the creation of the IFAS IT Office at the University of Florida and managed this office from 1997 through 2002, after which he joined the central UF IT organization as Director of Academic Technology. His first task was to develop a strategic IT plan for the University of Florida, followed by implementation of the AT related components. Since then, Zazueta focused on providing services and tools that improve academic outcomes in research, teaching and outreach/extension, while reducing cost. Notable accomplishments include: 1) Consolidated several units into a single cohesive service organization that resulted in the Office of Academic Technology, 2) centralized and deployed an enterprise level course management system using resources from internal efficiency gains, 3) managed the conversion of first open source enterprise level system, 4) created a consortium and provided management oversight for central provision of video conferencing infrastructure and services resulting in increased collaboration and substantial savings, 5) system design and oversight of the implementation of a State-wide online standardized testing system (Used by all state and some private universities), 5) provided oversight for design and implementation of a process for high-quality, high-enrollment, online course production using state-of-the art IT and best pedagogical practice.
Prof. Tadeusz Juliszewski教授简介：
President of CIGR, (International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering)
• Professor on the Faculty of Production and Power Engineering at the University of Agriculture in Krakow (Poland) – Dean of the Faculty from 2008-2012. At present Director of the Institute of Machinery Management, Ergonomics and Production Processes.
• The President of CIOSTA (Commission Internationale de l'Organisation Scientifique du Travail en Agriculture) from 1999-2001, Chairman of the Technical Section V of CIGR from 2002-2006.
• The Chairman of the Committee on Ergonomics at the Polish Academy of Sciences, and a Member of the Committee on Agricultural Engineering at the Polish Academy of Sciences.
• A member of the Polish Society of Agricultural Engineering and of the Polish Society for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment (POLSITA).
• Chief scientific interests: Ergonomics as applied in agricultural engineering and biofuels. Author or co-author of books: ‘Rape-based biofuel’, ‘Heating with biomass’, ‘Signalling devices of tractors and farm machinery’ (in Polish). Ca. 250 scientific papers published.
• Scientific traineeships at University of Freiburg, ETH in Zurich, FAT (Eidg. Forschungsanstalt fuer Agrarwirtschaft und Landtechnik, today: AGROSCOPE) Tänikon (Switzerland), the Ingenieurhochschule in Berlin – Wartenberg (Germany), the Styrian Chamber of Agriculture (Austria), and the University of British Columbia UBC (Canada).
• Married, 2 sons, 3 grandchildren.
• Hobbies: mountain tourism, reading literature (favourite books: ‘The Master and Margarita’, ‘Love in the Time of Cholera’), and practicing kyokushin karate (recreationally).